Tenancy Assignment Procedures
These forms can be submitted online by filling out the form below, or printed and submitted to us either by dropping it off at our office, or by giving them to the Site Superintendent at your Akman-managed building.
- Notify the Leasing Manager, in writing, of the date you wish to vacate the apartment. Forms are available from the Resident Manager, from the office and on our website at akmanmanagement.ca.
- A $75.00 Administration Fee is applicable. Applications will not be processed until the Assignment Request form and Administration Fee are received by the office, and until your account is current.
- It is your responsibility to find someone to lease your apartment. If you place an advertisement on Kijiji or anywhere else, please advise the Resident Manager. You are responsible for all advertising costs related to the leasing of your apartment.
- When you find an interested person, inform them that they must complete a rental application including, a letter of employment and/or notice of assessment, copy of photo ID and a security deposit payable by cheque, debit, money order, or online payment. The application will be processed after all documentation has been received, assuming your account is current, and the Administration Fee and Assignment Request form have also been received. Do not assume the apartment has been leased until you receive notification from our office.
- If the term remaining on your lease is less than three months, then the new applicant will be required to sign a 12-month lease in addition to the remaining term on your lease.
- You are responsible for the condition of your apartment. An inspection will be done on move out. Please provide the office with your forwarding address.
- Your apartment will be easier to lease if it is kept in a clean and neat condition.
If you have any questions, please contact Akman Management Ltd. at 204-944-9721.